Angels of Death Ending: What ACTUALLY Happened?

Angels of Death ending…do YOU know what actually happened to Zack and Rachel? We have 3 possible outcomes for these two and we still might not have all the answers. Let us go in-depth to discover which one is correct.

First Angels of Death Ending

This is based off this speculated ending: Rachel has been canonically diagnosed with mental delirium. In this ending, she has an episode of delirium and envisions Zack visiting her and finally killing her. But she’s actually plunging the knife into herself, committing suicide. She was so committed to dying Zack’s hand that her delirious brain conjured up the appropriate sounds and effects to sill the environment.

But, as I said, this is the most unlikely ending, because at the end of the game and anime, the window of Rachel’s room is shown. The glass is shattered, the iron bars are broken, and there’s blood on the windowsill. She couldn’t have jumped out the window, since the glass is INSIDE the room and she’s not strong enough to break iron bars.

Angels of Death STICKERS

Second Possible Angels of Death Ending

Next ending the one I’m actually choosing to believe.

This ending is self-explanatory. Zack took Rachel away and then ran away together, supporting each other as the best friends they were meant to be. And more later on, but Rachel needs to grow up first. Don’t get wrong, I LOVE Zack and Ray together but she is still young. And both of them are just getting used to having a real friend. Their relationship can progress more once she grows up some.

Related: Angels of Death: Is Zack a Psychopath or a Sociopath? Inside the mind of a serial killer.

3rd Possible Angels of Death Ending

And now, the “most likely happened but this show made us cry way more than we anticipated so we refuse to accept that this was the end” ending. And that is, that both of them died at the end with Zack killing Rachel and then himself.

Let me explain.

In episode 4, Danny says Zack couldn’t survive a shot to the head. But what if he did, at least for a short time? In this ending, Zack is shot in the head and the chest, and the blood on his scythe and windowsill may prove this. In the original Japanese version, Zack spoke less and less during the conversation, only giving single-worded answers or short noises like “hmm” or “ah”. This could be from the blood loss and haziness of being close to death.

So, Zack survives his execution and goes to Rachel.

You know Zack pulls Rachel out the window at this point, since neither of them are in the room at the end scene. When this happens, and the camera pans up to the moon, you can hear a faint stabbing sound. This could be Zack stabbing Rachel and killing her as she asked of him.

Then when the police arrive, you hear a loud thud. A lot of us think that is them breaking into the room after it was barricaded. But what if it was the sound of Zack and Rachel’s bodies hitting the ground? In short, this ending is the theory that Zack was close to death after surviving the execution and going to see Rachel in his final moments alive. When they fall out the window, Zack stabs her and ends her life with his final breath. He dies shortly after and they in each other’s arms. You can see that Rachel hugs Zack if you pause at the right moment. It’s just as they hit the ground.

In a way, it’s kinda poetic. Using your last moments to fulfill the wishes of someone you care about, knowing you’ll die shortly after. And in their case, dying together instead of alone.

So there you have it. Three possible Angels of Death endings. Which one do you believe? I’m still believing in the second one since I’m a romantic sap that can’t stand the thought of losing both my precious children. Let me know in the comments below!

As always,

Keep Smiling!

ANGELS OF DEATH KEYCHAINS HERE

29 Comments

1. Darkseid of the Bear

February 14, 2019 at 2:07 pm

I bet it is two because there is talk of a sequel! Although the sequel may delve more into their pasts and coming together to reveal the end so three is still an option but who says it isn’t romantic? Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet is one of the most romantic stories of all time involving the suicide death of the two as one dies in the others arms together if they could never be so instead of living alone a life of misery without one another.

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

February 18, 2019 at 1:13 am

I didn’t know there was talk of a sequel! That would be so cool. It’s based off the RPG game so I wonder how they’ll do that?
      I’m one of the few people that actually doesn’t like Romeo and Juliet. There were so many things that just got under my skin about it. But I also know it’s recognized as one of the classics.

2. Aurora

July 2, 2019 at 11:58 am

Omg if they make a prequel I will be so happy 😁!!

3. Justalittlehehe

August 29, 2019 at 7:21 am

There’s talk of a sequel??? Oh thank god, been so upset since this anime ended.

2. Ahana

May 13, 2019 at 10:08 am

I think 3 is the most possible one. But I WANT 2 to be the one. If we want it to be romantic doesn’t mean we should leave out the fact that there was blood on the window and the stabbing sound of Zack’s scythe. I don’t want them both to die, but they most probably did. We MUST accept it and move on, no matter how hard it is.

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

June 1, 2019 at 4:48 pm

I’m in denial, haha. But there’s gonna be a season two so maybe he didn’t kill her? Or decided to save her or something after stabbing her. Ugh, SO MANY POSSIBILITIES! I need it to get here faster so I can know. In the meantime, I’ll be reading and writing fanfiction to satisfy my craving.

1. rome

July 1, 2019 at 2:11 pm

I believe 3 ended up happening, though is a S2 gonna happen? If so then I really dont know

1. Aurora

July 2, 2019 at 12:00 pm

I thought they did do a season 2?

Or was that just a “hey we are just gonna put this as a special thing”?

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

July 6, 2019 at 3:36 am

It actually was! The last three episodes I believe are season 2. I’m hoping for a real one where we can see what happens AFTER they escape

2. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

July 6, 2019 at 3:37 am

I really hope there are more. Until then, fanfiction it is!

2. Scarlett

July 21, 2019 at 6:27 pm

I also believe third is most possible. Though I think he came to take Rachel when he was already dead so was she. And they kind of “flew” out of the window so I think it’s to show they’re going to be together in death

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

July 27, 2019 at 4:03 pm

*Cue fangirl tears cause I don’t want them to be dead and can’t handle that pain*

3. Destiny Wolf

May 17, 2019 at 10:57 pm

I personally think that 3 is the most possible, for it seems to be something Zack would do. As much as I would like 2 as well, I feel as though it would be feeding into the whole Zack x Rachel pairing. I have no problem with people who like that, but I personally feel that their relationship is more of a friendship that revolves around respect for one another. Zack, in a way, almost seems to take on the role of an older br, other as well, and when I think about it, I feel like that’s more of a relationship that they would have. Although both are respectable, I personally think that 3 might have been the true ending, besides the fact that I disagree a little with a few of the factors mentioned in it, for it would be a perfect way to end the show; Zack fulfilling Rachel’s long desired wish, and dying with her so he could be with her once again in the next life, along with escaping death by execution. Well, that’s it for my ramble.

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

June 1, 2019 at 4:46 pm

Rambles are the best!!! Lord knows how much I can about my fandoms and otp’s. I definitely agree with you that right now is more of a friendship thing with them. There’s been talk of a season two so I’m hoping that he doesn’t kill her and instead, they both find a reason to live and grow together, with maybe a romance later on down the line.

1. Willow

June 3, 2019 at 2:03 am

Season two was episodes thirteen through sixteen. Those three episodes we’re the finale and how she died was the first option thing

4. Kandy

May 19, 2019 at 7:57 pm

I just had to leave a comment, I’ve watched the anime 3 times now, once dubbed and twice subbed. It’s so good, and I can’t bare crying at the ending every single time. I feel as if 3 is the most reasonable ending, but if it is, what will happen with the so call “sequel”, there’s been word of a season 2 for quite a while now. It’s supposedly being released on Amazon, but only in Japan, which is surprising, because a lot of the viewers are American, including me. If the ending was 2, that would of been amazing, I love the Ray X Zack ship, besides the fact that Rachel is 13 and Zack is 20, I still find the plot and gist very romantic, and if Rachel does grow up and they end up, being together, falling in love, that would be amazing for sure.

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

June 1, 2019 at 4:44 pm

I REALLY hope there is a season two!!! If it’s only in Japanese, I’ll have to learn Japanese so I can watch it. That would be epically awesome. I love Zack and Ray as well but right now Ray is definitely too young. I think though, with them both being broken, they’ll probably fall in love later on as they get older. Right now, they’ve bonded and will strengthen their friendship but hopefully, in time, it’ll become something more.

5. Lana

May 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Gosh. The Anime made me a mess. I was ugly crying and hoping and dreaming that Zack will get a happy ending. He started out having a horrible childhood. Much like a classic horror serial killer. Such as Jason or Michael. They never got their happy ending because the bloodlust controlled them. I definitely want to see Zack try to control it. But we know our lovable monster.

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

June 1, 2019 at 4:42 pm

I’m hoping that maybe Zack WILL learn to control it and maybe go after murderers and people like that instead. Kinda like a Dexter esq vibe? But then he’ll grow up, even more, maybe have a family with Ray, and settle down more. Though I bet he would make a lot of money as a hitman.

6. Chloe

June 10, 2019 at 9:18 pm

I just finished watching the anime on Funimation and I think he escaped prison before the execution, and remember he said “you remember your end of the deal” so I think she has to help him escape the police before he will kill her, just like with the murder levels, and it can’t just be to get off the grounds safely it has to be when they are both safe and the police can’t find him. And by that time she won’t want to die but she’ll want to live with Zack and they’ll protect each other. That’s my hopeful ending

7. Chloe

June 11, 2019 at 6:06 pm

But I also have a question, I don’t know if Funimation maybe cut some of the ending but I watch it about 6 times and it doesn’t show their bodies falling to the ground or Rachel hugging Zack, it shows them as soon as he pulls her out of the window and he said stop crying and smile then it cuts to black… And after the credits it shows the blood and the knife on the floor but no police or loud this. So I don’t know if I’m missing it? Cuz the police show up earlier in the episode and Zack says he doesn’t have long before they come up and catch him so they have to hurry.. am I missing it?

8. taylor

June 28, 2019 at 12:52 am

Wait I’m confused? I also never heard the sound of Zack’s scythe or the “thud of them hitting the ground”
    Is there any talk on the sequel I could find nothing about them making any more episodes?

9. a boy

July 18, 2019 at 12:51 am

I know nothing I just cried after watching the last episode
    I wanted both of them be alive and live like normal people.
    I deleted this anime and never watch this kind of anime any more
    but I kinda like it (:
    and hate it
    ahh I don’t know at all

shit I’m still crying 😭😭😭

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

July 27, 2019 at 4:05 pm

It’s one of my favorites because it generated so many emotions. I wasn’t expecting all THE FEELS when it came to this horror anime. But it’s sooo good! I hope you can watch it again one day! No more tears!

10. Ashley

August 19, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Am i missing something? I never heard the sound of Zack’s scythe or the ” thud” sound, at the end it sowed them jumping out the window and Zack saying ” stop crying and smile” and then it faded to black, and the last scene was the broken window sill with the blood and the knife that was it.

11. wowwowyeah

August 23, 2019 at 5:31 am

None of what you describe in the last episode even happens?? She jumps out of the window with him, we see the moon and then the ending credits play. After the credits, we see the broken window, a bloodstain on the sill and Zack’s (bloodless) knife.

12. bananananananakkakakakaka

September 15, 2019 at 11:36 am

there actually was a faint thud at the end though *shooketh*