Will Ouran High School Host Club Get a Second Season?

Ouran High School Host Club Opening – Kiss Kiss Fall In Love

Scroll to the bottom for awesome Ouran High School Merch!

I would be surprised if you haven’t already heard of Ouran High School Host Club. I grew up watching it and find it just adorable. It’s one of those anime’s that make you laugh, cry, and shake your head and question why you’re even watching it. However, there seems to be a lot of speculation regarding if there will ever be a season two.

I disliked the ending of the anime. It felt so incomplete! And I mean…it’s Kiss Kiss Fall in Love, not HUG HUG Fall into Friendship! And I’m sure all you Ouran High School Host Club fans feel the same way. But if for some reason you HAVEN’T heard of this anime before, let me give you a brief rundown of its awesomeness.

The plot of the anime revolves around a young girl, Haruhi Fujioka, who is a student at Ouran Academy. The Academy is a high school for rich kids. One day she stumbles upon Music Room 3 of the school, where she finds that the room is used by six male students to entertain female students of the school. During the encounter with the host club, she accidentally breaks a vase which costs 8 million Yen. In order to repay it, she becomes a member of the host club, and her masculine attire and posture make it easy for her to look like a boy. She gains quite a popularity amongst the girls due to a natural disposition towards the gender and her entertaining instincts.

OHSHC Fandom

The anime originally ran in the year 2006 and it has been more than 10 years since it ended, therefore it had very rare chances of continuation. But the announcement created by Bisco Hatori may have caused the fandom to start to wonder if there was going to be a second season. She didn’t say too much, but all of it confirmed that Ouran HighSchool Host Club season 2 would keep fans guessing. Soon after that, in April 2016, one of the English voice actor of the show, Todd Haberkorn, posted a video where he said that the production team contacted him for the Ouran HighSchool Host Club season 2 and they will soon start working on it.

Well, ya’ll, it’s 2018 now and when I followed the links and sites to where they “said” this was happening…it turned out to be a prank. A mean, not very happy-making prank.

BUT! There is still hope for Ouran High School Host Club fans.

If you didn’t like the way the anime ended, you can read the manga that has a way better ending. The manga is complete and fully translated and there’s an 11 episode live action series and a 105-minute live action film that was made after the anime. If the anime wasn’t enough there’s plenty of other Ouran material. There’s some pretty good fanfiction for it. You can try “Duet” by MoonChild that’s a Tamaki and Haruhi pairing. Or Broken and Healed that’s a Haruhi and Karou pairing.

Fun fact, did you know Bisco Hatori initially intended for Mori and Haruhi to end up together?  Weird, right? I’ll stick with Tamaki and Haruhi for now.

Anyway, I’m going to go read more fanfiction so I can get over the need for the anime to have a better end.

As always,

Keep Smiling!

You Might Like:

Am I ugly? Princess Jellyfish thoughts

DONATE TO THE NERDY GIRL NEWS HERE

bts, BTS Ouran High School host Club crossover anime otaku nerd cute fangirl

Check out some awesome Ouran High School Host Club Merch HERE

20 Comments

1. b

July 18, 2018 at 4:14 pm

It completely sucks that season 2 won’t happen!!

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

July 31, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Agreed!!! We should all be like Tamaki and grow mushrooms in our emo corner!!!

2. Weird Person

August 30, 2018 at 5:18 pm

I know right!!!!! I also have trouble deciding on a ship! Eh, I guess I’ll just be a multi-shipper!

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

August 30, 2018 at 10:52 pm

Nothing wrong with that! That just means there’s more to love! 😀

2. #1fan

July 26, 2018 at 4:02 am

I’m so sad that there might not be a second season

1. P

July 31, 2018 at 12:28 am

It’s on netflix right now. I’m really hoping it gets a lot of attention and maybe netflix can make a new season?

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

July 31, 2018 at 4:39 pm

We should start a petition(again) and get enough signatures for a second season!

1. Erina

August 8, 2018 at 8:02 am

How do we do it Gloria? Does it need some special signing or something. I’m very much new to “petitions” and would very much like to help out! Please clarify so I can do my part in getting season 2!

2. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

July 31, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Same here. I know the anime didn’t follow the manga completely, but I’m still wanting more. There’s not enough fanfiction out there to satisfy my needs more Tamaki and Haruhi moments!

1. K

August 7, 2018 at 3:17 pm

I for one am wanting way more Hikaru and Haruhi moments, and I’m completely bummed that there isn’t gonna be a season 2. I just feel like tamiki when ever Haruhi shoots him down. :((

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

August 7, 2018 at 8:07 pm

We’ll all have to join him in his little emo corner!
          But same. I wish the anime had gone further or at least ended with a kiss and not a stupid hug.

3. Otaku Problems and Why We'll Rule the World

August 5, 2018 at 9:36 pm

[…] It’s been over 10 years…we’re probably not getting one. Read: Will OHSHC Get a Second Season? […]

4. Erina

August 8, 2018 at 7:59 am

I’m rewatching Ouran high school host club again, and definetly not satisfied with the ending. I really really wanted a kiss in the end, to at least, finish our tamaki x Haruhi ship! I’m totally down for a petition, if that’s all it gets to get a season 2!! I need it. Who’s down with me?
    OHSHC Forever!

5. Ms. Liz

August 10, 2018 at 7:51 am

I’m in… I really want a season 2. They left so much wiggle room for the season 2 to start. The anime had a great character development and irony.

6. Prismo

August 22, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Poor Kaoru, even in the real world he is mistaken for Hikaru…
    (referring to the fanfic “Broken and Healed” which is a Kaoru x Haruhi fanfic)

1. gloriaharvley648@yahoo.com

September 16, 2018 at 1:58 am

I couldn’t help but laugh when I read this. I’m such a Hikaru fan that I didn’t even notice when I typed it out! Thanks for letting me know. I went ahead and fixed it.

7. Beth Ann

September 22, 2018 at 11:27 pm

I’m feel like I’m gonna be depressed for the rest of my life bc there (most likely) isn’t gonna be a second season. And u should totally make Honey Senpai’s bunny plush so cute!!!!

8. Haruhi+Tamaki forever

September 22, 2018 at 11:31 pm

Lol I’m not gonna be depressed but I am gonna be sad a lil while. I mean, who wouldn’t fall in love with the show just from watching the first ep?!

9. Raven

February 20, 2019 at 8:11 am

Do you know that there is a live action? A movie and a series that continues were the anime left off. I’m not a fan of live action but this was one I could get behind, I don’t know if it was because it was good or because I just wanted more of Ouran after finishing the manga but I watch it once a year now.

10. Dallas

April 17, 2019 at 8:37 am

Why no season 2? It would be amazing to have a season 2 in anime! Ugh no matter how many times I watch everything I can’t help but wish that they would have kept it going. I honestly wish there was a better ending or to see who she ends up with at least! GAH! Okay…. That is the end of my rant now.